AJA Video Systems recently announced their latest free software update for the Mac adding 4K/UHD High Frame Rate for their Io 4K. The I/O supports Thunderbolt 2 and 4K workflows, including the new Mac Pro as well as daisy chain.
The new driver update contains support for 50/59.94 and 60fps capability at 4K (4096x 2160) and Ultra HD at 3840 x 2160. The driver version 10.5.1 also add support for AJA DataCalc desktop app, and support for progressive (P) v. Psf selection in AJA Control Panel software.
- 4 x bi-directional 3G-SDI
- 4K/UHD HDMI I/O
- Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
- Real time 4K to HD downconversion for HD-SDI and HDMI monitoring
- 10-bit high-quality 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 workflow support
- Two Thunderbolt™ 2 ports
- Use with any Thunderbolt 2 system for up to 4K at 10-bit quality
- Backwards compatible with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- 16-channel embedded audio on SDI
- 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI
- DB-25 analog audio output connector
- XLR 12V power for battery or AC use
- RS-422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input
- Headphone jack and level control for mobile environments
The Io 4K integrates well with Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Creative Cloud, AJA Control Room, Telestream Wirecast 5 and more.
AJA Mac Software v10.5.1 is available as a free download today from http://www.aja.com/en/support/software.