During our Virtual Show, Alper Furkan Ozturk from Edelkrone introduced a new product: the Edelkrone Controller. This tiny remote is capable of controlling every Edelkrone motion control unit. It gives you access to all the main controls of your device without having to use the Edelkrone App. Let’s take a closer look at it!
Edelkrone Controller Features
Edelkrone has just introduced the Edelkrone Controller during our cinema5D Virtual Show. This remote is compatible with all Edelkrone motion control units, may it be a slider, jib, head, and so on. Here is a complete list of all the critical features of the Edelkrone Controller:
- It is made of CNC machined aluminum and operates with two AAA batteries. Edelkrone claims that with 1100 mAh rechargeable AAA batteries, it can run for four and a half hours.
- You don’t need a smartphone or application to pair and control your Edelkrone products.
- The Edelkrone remote can’t do everything you can do in the app, but the main controls/modes only. These modes include manual axis control, Keypose mode, and Keypose Time-Lapse mode.
- There are three programmable position buttons.
- You can upgrade the firmware of the Edelkrone Controller via your smartphone for future improvements.
All in all, this compact remote looks like a handy tool. Indeed, more and more film equipment requires the use of a smartphone and a dedicated app to be controlled. I like to be able to use and control my gear without having to use my smartphone every time I want to do something or access a function.
Pricing and Availability
The Edelkrone Controller is available now and you can get it for $129.00/€119.00 directly on Edelkrone’s website.
What do you think about the Edelkrone Controller? Do you think it can be a useful addition to your kit for controlling your motion control units? Let us know in the comments below!