FUJIFILM just pushed a new firmware update ver. 3.20 for the X-T3 that improves the autofocus capabilities and stability of the APS-C mirrorless camera. Also, a new firmware update for the FUJIFILM X-Pro3 is available that corrects freezing issues. Let’s take a closer look at it!
FUJIFILM X-T3 Firmware Update Ver. 3.20
FUJIFILM continues to improve its best-seller mirrorless camera, the X-T3, with a new firmware update version 3.20. The overall autofocus performance of the camera should significantly improve with this firmware. Here is the complete changelog:
- Improving the tracking performance of the eye AF frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus on the eyes.
- Better face-detection performance when there are faces of different sizes within the same frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus.
- Improving autofocus capability on a foreground subject even when there is a mixture of foreground and background subjects within an AF frame, causing the foreground subject to go out of focus, e.g., when shooting flowers against a busy background.
- You can now save up to 9,999 pictures in each folder. The number of images that can be saved in a folder on an SD card was limited to 999.
- In movie recording mode, this firmware fixes bugs, including focus hunting at the minimum aperture and a black line that can sometimes appear on the bottom of the center.
- Fix of minor bugs.
This FUJIFILM X-T3 firmware update is free for all users, and you can download it directly on FUJIFILM’s website.
FUJIFILM X-Pro3 Firmware Update Ver. 1.03
Also, FUJIFILM pushed a new firmware update version 1.03 for the X-Pro3, a camera mainly designed for photographers. If you are an X-Pro3 shooter, this update fixes a phenomenon that, in rare cases, could freeze the camera. FUJIFILM also fixed a bug that could occur in AF-C mode and continuous shooting that caused color tone incorrect recording issues.
You can download this firmware update version 1.03 for the FUJIFILM X-Pro3 for free on FUJIFILM’s website.
What do you think of these FUJIFILM firmware updates? Did you notice an improvement in the autofocus capabilities of the X-T3 with the recent firmware updates? Let us know in the comments below!