– 24fps frame rate, enabling GoPro HERO2 content to be easily intercut with other sources without a frame rate conversion;
– 35Mbps data rate for the industry’s highest quality compressed image with virtually zero artifacts;
– Neutral color profile, allowing for greater flexibility in a color correction workflow;
– Log curve encoding, offering more detail in shadows and highlights;
– Reduced sharpening and noise reduction for improved flexibility in professional post- production and color design workflows.
GoPro offers a software that helps organize and match footage in your color process:
Using Protune with GoPro CineForm Studio Premium and GoPro CineForm Studio Professional provides additional benefits, offering extensive color correction controls and customizable presets to create professional, cinematic looks from the GoPro HERO2 captured content. Non-destructive 3D LUTs provide even more flexibility, enabling users to further tweak their images, manipulate saturation and contrast and color correction controls to create highly stylized content.
On the left you see a comparison between a technicolor 5D mark III and GoPro ProTune image. More info on that in the video below.
GoPro Protune mode is available as a free firmware upgrade and you can download it here:
Did you know the GoPro can even do 120fps at 480p and 60fps at 720p too.