The new GoPro HEROCast makes GoPro streaming of live events a reality. It’s built for professional live broadcasting of GoPro HD footage and works with any receivers.
GoPro HEROCast has just become the smallest and lightest professional live-broadcast transmitter on the market. The add-on accessory connects to any GoPro HERO 4 or previous generation.
For those in the live event business this is important news as it opens up new possibilities, new perspectives when covering an event. So far GoPro style shots were mostly limited to a non-live workflow.
HEROCast was developed together with Vislink who already offer a solid broadcast receiver ecosystem. It will also work with third party receivers and is said to offer a low-latency transmission with minimal to no signal interruptions.
The new GoPro streaming solution can be powered off a GoPro battery for minimum weight or through an external power source.
HEROCast $7,500 MSRP
- Optimized for body mounting and engaging POV shots
- Separate units for versatile mounting and easy accessibility
- Easily attached to GoPro mounts including Chesty and more
- Connects via [supplied] HDMI cable
HEROCast BacPac $7,500 MSRP
- All-in-one solution for immersive live-action footage
- Camera, transmitter, housing, and BacPac in one convenient unit
- Mounts to walls, cars, and other larger surfaces
- *Water resistant to IP67 specification
More information on the GoPro website.