Telestream, the company behind ScreenFlow, has just launched the latest version of their recording software for Mac computers: ScreenFlow 9. This newest version includes a couple of new features, including the possibility of recording multiple screens at once, which is a long-awaited feature. Let’s take a closer look at it!
ScreenFlow 9 New Features
There is no doubt that ScreenFlow is one of the leading apps on the market for recording the Mac’s screen. The software has been on the market for quite a few years now, and it has become one of the industry-standard tools. ScreenFlow is mostly used by marketers, educators, online-trainers, Vloggers, or anyone that needs a simple and intuitive tool to record their on-screen content.
In the latest versions, Telestream put a lot of energy to build a video editor inside of ScreenFlow, which works fine now. But, with the latest ScreenFlow 9 version, there are a lot of features that are really for content creators, including:
- Multiscreen Recording: it was one of the significant pain of ScreenFlow, the ability to record only one screen. Now with the new version, this option gives you more space to layout multiple applications, which can help your audience to follow what’s happening on your screen more easily.
- Timeline Tools Palette: there are some new editing tools such as Hand, Zoom, Blade, and Track Select. These tools should make your editing process quicker than ever.
- Proxy Editing: you can now create and edit Proxy media from your high-resolution images directly inside of ScreenFlow 9.
- Clip Editor: you can now preview and trim your media clips before inserting them into the timeline, like a traditional NLE.
- New Click Effects: ScreenFlow 9 features updated radar click effects. You can now further customize your cursor look by adjusting the size, color, duration, and blur during screen recording so viewers can more easily follow along.
- Performance updates for the latest macOS Catalina version.
- Updated capture card support, thumbnail image improvements, and manual media management features.
Pricing and Availability
ScreenFlow 9 is available now on the Mac App Store, starting at $129.00/149.99€, or you can purchase it directly on Telestream’s website.
Have you ever used ScreenFlow in the past? What do you think of the new features in ScreenFlow 9? Let us know in the comments below!