1 Minute Film Competition Rules & Terms and Conditions
Promoter: cinema5D GmbH Kranzgasse 22 / 9-10 1150 Wien Austria and FUJIFILM Optical Devices Europe GmbH Fujistrasse 1, 47533 Kleve, Germany
1. You must be aged 18 or over to enter the competition. People from all countries are eligible to enter and win.
2. To enter the competition, please complete the competition registration form. You must upload your film to your YouTube account, and write in the description “This is my entry for the cinema5D FUJINON 1 Minute Film Competition to win a set of 2 FUJINON MK lenses. Find out more at http://c5d.at/filmcompetition” (which links to the cinema5D article promoting the competition). Then to enter, fill out this form (cinema5D / FUJINON competition entry form), providing us with your full name, address, email, phone number and a link to your video. All the submitted data needs to be accurate in order to be eligible to win.
3. The topic of this 1 Minute Film Competition is “Holiday Reflections”. The entrants can select the genre of their film freely. However, each film is required to include one shot of a (any) reflection on a glass or mirror surface.
4. All eligible submitted videos will then be entered by a cinema5D team member into a dedicated “1 Minute Film Competition” playlist on YouTube.
5. Entries can be made from December 19th, 2017, 0:00 Central European Time (CET) up until January 29th, 2018, 23:59 CET. No entries will be accepted after this time. Promoter accepts no liability for any entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
6. The cinema5D jury will select the winners of the three prices from all entrants that were submitted through the web form and then subsequently added to the YouTube playlist (i.e., met the entry criteria) between January 29st, 2018, 23:59 CET, and the announcement of the winners on or around February 5th, 2018. The cinema5D jury consists of some cinema5D team members who will work at their sole discretion.
7. The cinema5D team will dedicate a number of days to judge ALL entries, under the following criteria, in no particular order. The team will vote at their sole discretion.
- originality and creativity
- interpretation of the theme “Holiday Reflections”
- like count (BUT “like fraud” will be disqualified when discovered by our analytics)
8. The three winning films will be announced on cinema5D.com no later than on February 5th, 2018.
9. One entry per person only is permitted in this competition. More than one entry per person – either through the same or another YouTube account – will automatically lead to disqualification of all entries from the competition.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions, even after a video is submitted via the cinema5D FUJIFILM 1 Minute Film Competition entry form. The Promoter also reserves the right to change the judging rules (points 2.-9. above) at any time at its sole discretion, in which case all entrants will be notified via email.
11. You warrant and represent that, in respect of your entry:
a) it does not exceed one minute (60 seconds) in length and was shot for the purpose of entering this contest, fitting with the theme of a “holiday reflections” short film around something that inspires you.
b) you are the sole owner and author of each video picture submission and own all rights to the images and footage;
c) each person depicted in the entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown;
d) it does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content;
e) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and does not include trademarks owned by third parties; copyrighted materials owned by third parties; names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
f) you own the license of the music tracks used in your film (if any), and you and the Promoter have the right to publish and distribute that music as part of your film through the Internet globally and indefinitely.
You agree to fully indemnify the Promoter in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of your breaching any of the terms detailed herein.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to remove and disqualify entries that contain commercial content in conflict with the interests of the Promoter.
13. By entering this competition you hereby grant the Promoter a non-exclusive worldwide royalty free license to use, copy, modify or alter any materials submitted in connection with the competition.
14. The Promoter assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any image or music misuse.
15. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition, and the Promoter assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the competition.
16. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
17. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
18. If for any reason an entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of opened as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failures, the Promoter assumes no responsibility.
19. The Promoter will select the winning entry. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The winning entry will be awarded a FUJINON MK 18-55mm and a MK 50-135mm E-mount or MFT modified lenses as well as a Zacuto Scissor lens support. The second place will be awarded a FUJIFILM X-T2 camera with a FUJIFILM XF 16-55 mm f/2.8 R LM WR lens and the 3rd. place will be awarded a FUJIFILM X-E3 camera with a FUJIFILM 18-55mm lens. In the event of the prize becoming unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equivalent value.
21. If no response is received from the winner of the competition to the notification of their win after 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
22. There are no cash or credit alternatives available.
23. The winner agrees to participate in related publicity and to the use of their names and likenesses and the winning images for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity across the world.
25. The competition is managed under the control of cinema5D GmbH and FUJIFILM Optical Devices Europe GmbH. The rules are governed by the laws of Austria. By entering the free prize draw you agree to submit to the laws of Austria in respect to the operation of the competition regardless of your country of residence.
26. By entering the competition you hereby accept these terms and conditions, which are subject to change at any time.