User sibero80 organized a group buy of the 35mm lenses by Polish company Samyang.
We’ve reported about the Samyang 35mm 1.4 before. They are among the few lenses for EOS that have the benefits of manual primes: A wide focus throw, solid housing and a manual aperture.
They are built as photo lenses so they have a click-in aperture ring and no gear ring. However at a price of $460 a 35mm prime with an f-stop of 1.4 is pretty unique.
The way this works is a little dorky (alternative at the bottom):
US reseller Cameta Camera is offering the group buy to cinema5D members.
1. You will have to send a PM to user sibero80. He will verify that you’re a cinema5D member and give you a reference code.
2. With that code you’ll have to call Rich Roth from Cameta Camera at 800-991-3350 ext 2117 between 9-6 EST M-F.
– Ordering must be done by 6/30/11.
– He will have to receive at least 15 orders.
– When calling payment can be by PayPal or credit card.
– You can also e-mail him instead: [email protected]
get more info in the original forum thread.
I told you, it’s dorky and I can’t give any guarantee that this offer safe, you will have to check this yourself please. However I can tell you Cameta Camera seems to have a good selling history.
If you can spare another $40 to avoid the hassle and waiting time you can also get this lens here
They will all cover a full frame sensor and they are also abvailable for Nikon.