The new firmware for the Atomos Shogun is here. AtomOS 6.4 released today adds FS700 RAW & FS7 RAW recording and some other anticipated features to the HD disk recorder.
AtomOS 6.4 adds the following features:
- FS700 & FS7 4K-DCI RAW to ProRes/DNxHR record
- Anamorphic de-squeeze including 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x and Panasonic 8:3 modes
- Pre-roll recording (up to 8s in HD and 2s in 4K)
- Custom time lapse recording – Keyframe
- LUTs can be applied on output, in recording, on screen & split screen
- Playlist generation of all clips on the disk, user selected clips, cut edited favourite clips or a combination of both.
- Expanded meta data tagging – Wide shot, close up, Talent 1 or 2, Over exposed, Bad Audio, Colour correction and cut away. FCPX 1.4 XML upgrade
- Genlock activated for synced playback and play-out in Genlock environments
It’s nice to finally see the Shogun becomes an alternative to the more expensive Odyssey 7Q+ in terms of recording the 14bit RAW outputs on the Sony FS700 & Sony FS7. However the Shogun can still only record in ProRes or DNxHR at 24/25/30p framerates. There’s no 240 frames per second recording and no recording to a 14bit RAW format (yet).
- Download the update from www.atomos.com/support
- Put onto the root folder of an SSD
- Insert SSD into Shogun when it’s off
- Power on with AC power or a full battery
- Wait until the firmware upgrade is complete (can take a while)