Lexar has recently introduced the fastest XQD card in the world. With a whopping 440MB/s read speed, and a lower cost card with read speeds up to 210MB/s.
XQD is the card we use in cameras like Sony FS7 or the new Sony FS5. Since Sony introduced the new XQD format alongside SanDisk and Nikon, they have been unrivalled with their product. However, with the addition of Lexar’s range of XQD, the expensive Sony XQD cards were outperformed not only in price, but also in read and write speeds. But shortly after Lexar brought out their 1333x cards, which were better in speed than their Sony counterparts, Sony introduced their latest G-series card range, which gave users up to 400MB/s read speed and 128GB data capacity (LINK).
Now Lexar has up’d the game once again, and has introduced two new cards, which are atleast $100 less expensive than Sony’s XQD cards. The Lexar 2933x is the fastest XQD card in the world. It seems to be a back and forth battle between the two, but here are the quick specs of the new Lexar cards:
- Lexar 1400x 64GB with 210MB/s read and 185MB/s write speed for $137 (LINK)
- Lexar 2933x 64GB with 440MB/s read and 400MB/s write speed for $235 (LINK)
- Lexar 2933x 128GB with 440MB/s read and 400MB/s write speed for $440 (LINK)
And to put that into perspective with Sony’s G series XQD cards:
The new Lexar 2933x cards will work well with Lexar’s other new announcements:
- Professional Workflow XR2 (XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 reader) (LINK)
- Professional Workflow HR2 (Thunderbolt™ 2/USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub) (LINK)
- Professional Workflow HR1 (USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub) (LINK)
So what do you think? Will you add the new Lexar cards to your kit? Is it worth while getting the extra speed? Let us know in the comments below.