The successful line of cinema EOS camera that currently includes the C100, C300 and C500 will receive some updates during Q4 2013.
Here’s what we’re going to see:
CONCERNING ALL C CAMERAS:
– ISO range will be upgraded to go until 80,000 (currently 20,000, meaning additional stops).
– magnify portion will be movable through whole image like on DSLR’s.
– compatibility with GPS module.
– and some other minor updates.
CONCERNING EOS C500:
– In addition to the existing BT.709 gamut, the C500 will receive new DCI-P3+ and Cinema Gamut options.
– The C500 will get 120fps option at a resolution of 4096×1080.
– Aiding on-set monitoring, it will be possible to output a 2K signal from the MON.2 terminal
– The automatic fan mode has been further enhanced so fan doesn’t start during recording…
CONCERNING EOS C300:
– C300 getting C100’s wide DR gamma. (Useful for filmmakers working on tight schedules –> less flat gamma).
– support for the EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens (autofocus)
CONCERNING EOS 1DC:
– display of current aperture (f-number) when shooting with Canon EF Cinema lenses
– storing metadata of these lenses
– Currently audio recording is limited to a mic input, but will be enhanced to selection of Line or Mic.
additional detailed information on the Canon website: LINK