The NEXTO DI NPS-10 is a new compact and lightweight standalone backup storage device from TVLogic’s NEXTO DI line. It can accommodate 2.5″ SSD or HDD drives and supports SD, MicroSD and either XQD/CFexpress, CF, or CFast cards, depending on its version. Its battery can be charged via USB 3.1 Type-C and it offers fast copying speeds thanks to “X-Copy” technology.
NEXTO DI NPS-10
TVLogic’s NEXTO DI line of backup storage devices just got a new addition. At NAB, the company will present the NPS-10 (Nexto Photo Storage). It is the smallest device within the NEXTO DI line and features built-in memory card slots and a USB port for fast copying of files, directly to the internal storage.
The USB port is the new USB Type-C port (USB 3.1, Gen 2, 10Gbps). Thanks to the patented “X-Copy” technology, the NPS-10 provides a very fast backup speed of up to 350MB/s, which is quite impressive, given the compact size and lightweight design.
There will be three versions of the NEXTO DI NPS-10, depending on the memory card slot of choice:
- XQD and CFexpress
All versions will also have two SD (UHS-II) card slots and one MicroSD card slot.
The built-in battery will last for two hours while doing backup operations (with SSD) and the NPS-10 can even be charged via smartphone or power bank. It can accommodate any 2.5″ 2TB SSD or HDD (up to 7.2mm thick) and TVLogic leaves the choice of drive up to its customers, as the device comes without one.
The NPS-10 only weighs 200g (0.44 lbs), without a drive. Its body is durable and comes with a rubber jacket to further protect the data within. The 2.4″ color LCD display can be used to control and monitor the device.
Key specs of the NEXTO DI NPS-10:
- Display: 2.4″ 64K color LCD with 320×240 resolution
- Card support: 2x SD (UHS-II) slot, 1x MicroSD slot, 1x CF or CFast or XQD/CFexpress slot
- Storage: 2.5″ SATA drive with 7.2mm and less height
- File system: FAT32, exFAT, UDS, HFS+ (memory card)
- Video preview: DV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG2 4:4:4/4:2:2/4:2:0, XF-AVC 2K/4K, AVCHD, H.264, AVC-Intra, XAVC 2K/4K, AVC Ultra 2K/4K, DNxHD 2K, ProRes 2K/4K
- Image codec: JPEG, TIFF, RAW (ARW,CR2, CR3, DNG, NEF, ORF, PEF, RAF,RWL, RM2, SRW
- Internal battery: Rechargeable Li-Pol 4,000mAh (3.7V) battery (3 hours charging = 2 hours X-Copy operating time)
- Power: Rechargeable via USB-C cable (with power bank or PC, output 2A or more)
- Computer interface: USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbit/s)
- OS compatibility: Windows XP (SP 2, 3 with exFAT patch upgrade), Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, MacOS 10.6.5 or later, Linux 2.4.18 or later
- Dimensions: 129.5 x 77 x 25.3mm (5 x 3 x 0.99″)
- Weight: 200g (0.44 lbs) without internal drive
Pricing and availability:
The NEXTO DI NPS-10 is now available for pre-orders. The price in Europe is around €450. We don’t have any information about pricing in the US yet, but we will update this article as soon as we find out.
What do you think of the NEXTO NPS-10 backup storage? Do you use some kind of standalone backup device when you want to travel lightweight, without a laptop? Let us know in the comments underneath the article.