LockCircle introduces their new Panasonic GH5 cage – the “Robot Skin”. It is designed to tightly fit the camera body and provide as many mounting threads for accessories as possible.
The Robot Skin allows users to control all buttons and dials of the camera while adding many threads to mount various accessories. According to LockCircle, it is a natural extension of the original camera shape. However, real-world reviews and comparisons will have to show if the new design really is so much different than older LockCircle cages.
LockCircle Panasonic GH5 cage features
- Asymmetrical classic LockCircle cage design concept.
- Right hand camera grabbing/control with original Lumix GH5 camera ergonomics.
- Innovative SFA Straight Function Action with DTV Dials Total View design concept.
- T-Wrap (total wrap) expansion module for right hand accessories/grip handles
- 90 (110 threads with T-Wrap) 1/4”-20, 3 (5 with T-Wrap)
- Top Grip handle and Boombooster compatible accessories.
- CNC machined from billet aircraft grade aluminum.
- Ultra-Lightweight and professional heavy-duty grade strength.
- High quality Swiss Anodizing with “professional grade” velvet surface finish.
- Custom genuine titanium grade 5 screws and knobs.
- MultiPort HDMI/USB/Audio port savers with connector locking.
- Meta-Block mount (adjustable) for Metabones monolithic mounting.
- IMS-Block for IMS – Mounts for the serious cinematographers needs.
- Several IMS Professional lens mounts available: PL-Mount, Panavision,
- Leica-R, Canon EF and Nikon with Positive-Lock.
- New MicroMega ultra compact modular expandable BasePlate.
- Focal Plain thread for AC measurement custom titanium hook.
- New hi-tech deep anodized colours: Blumix, Noir Black, Purple Rain.