New SLR Magic ND Filters
SLR Magic have announced a new set of SLR Magic ND filters with added IR filtration, and new “Sharpshooter” program.
Most of us have experienced the effects of IR pollution in our images, which gets worse the higher the density of ND filtration used. Most normal ND filters attenuate light in the visible spectrum, but allow IR to pass unhindered. This results in a lot more IR light hitting the sensor relative to visible light, especially at high densities producing “muddy” blacks and unacceptable color shifts. It’s often difficult or even impossible to correct these effects in post.
The solution is to make sure you are using IRND filters, not straight ND filters. The new SLR Magic ND Filters will filter out unwanted IR light, giving you clean images across the whole range of densities available.
Advantages of the SLR Magic ND Filters:
- The SLR Magic ND contains no dichroic coating and will not vignette green, magenta or cyan at wide angles.
- The SLR Magic ND filter suppresses far red along with visible light to avoid issues of color shift and far red pollution when higher density ND is used.
- SLR Magic also recommend using the SLR Magic Image Enhancer Pro filter for IR control.
SLR Magic Sharpshooting Program
- Send an email to [email protected] with the subject “SLR Magic ND filter Sharpshooter program.”
- Include metrics for your social handles, subs, likes and followers.
- Provide sample videos/photos or link to photo/video reviews of your work
The SLR Magic ND filters have a MSRP of $99 and will be available from authorised dealers starting September 2017.