Blackmagic Design just announced a new ATEM Mini Pro and new firmware updates for both Hyperdeck Studio Mini and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema cameras. The new ATEM Mini Pro adds a new hardware streaming engine via Ethernet, recording to USB flash disks and new multiview for monitoring all cameras. Hyperdeck Studio Mini gets a new v7.1 free software update which adds new H.264 codec, new AAC audio, codec, longer single file record durations and faster file transfers using Ethernet. Blackmagic Camera 6.9 update adds studio camera features such as remote control, tally and DaVinci color corrector to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro
ATEM Mini made it easy to create multi-camera productions for live streaming to YouTube and innovative business presentations using Skype or Zoom. It offers up to 4 video camera inputs for dramatically better quality images. ATEM Mini also has a USB port that works like a webcam so customers can use any streaming software.
Blackmagic Design today announced new ATEM Mini Pro, which should be a new affordable live production switcher with all the features of ATEM Mini but now with extra features for recording, streaming and monitoring. ATEM Mini Pro includes a new hardware streaming engine to allow direct streaming via its Ethernet connection to YouTube Live, Facebook and Twitch.
There is also support for recording the stream direct to USB flash disks in H.264 with AAC audio, plus support for recording to multiple disks for continuous recording. The new model also includes a multiview on the HDMI video output that allows all inputs to be monitored on a single monitor, as well as the live status of recording, streaming and the audio mixer.
Each of the 4 HDMI inputs features their own dedicated standards converter. That means ATEM Mini will automatically convert 1080p, 1080i and 720p sources to the video standard of the switcher. The HDMI output is a true “aux” output so customers can clean switch each HDMI input or program to this output. If users are using program/preview switching, the HDMI out can be selected to preview, or on the ATEM Mini Pro model, it can be selected to display a full multiview.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K models can work as studio cameras with control sent via the HDMI connection to ATEM Mini. That means customers can control the camera settings as well as the camera’s color corrector from ATEM Software Control. There are two types of control interface, CCU layout for traditional tint color control and a DaVinci color corrector interface allowing the camera’s built-in DaVinci color corrector to add “looks” to their live production.
The most important features of the ATEM Mini Pro:
- Features miniaturized control panel based design.
- Supports connecting up to 4 cameras or computers.
- USB output operates as a webcam and supports all video software.
- Live streaming via Ethernet supported on ATEM Mini Pro.
- Recording to USB flash disks in H.264 supported on ATEM Mini Pro.
- Two stereo audio inputs for connecting desktop or lapel microphones.
- Automatically standards converts and re-syncs all HDMI inputs.
- Includes free ATEM Software Control for Mac and Windows.
- Internal media for 20 RGBA graphics for titles, opening plates and logos.
- Includes ATEM Advanced Chroma Key for green/blue screen work.
- Multiview allows monitoring of all cameras on ATEM Mini Pro.
- Audio mixer supports limiter, compressor, 6 bands EQ and more.
- Supports remote HDMI control with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras.
HyperDeck Studio Mini – Update V7.1
HyperDeck Studio Mini is a compact broadcast deck that is capable of H.264, ProRes or DNx codecs recorded to SD or UHS-II card media in either QuickTime or MXF file formats. HyperDeck Studio Mini has features such as 6G-SDI for all formats up to 2160p30, HDMI for monitoring, dual SD card slots for non-stop recording and built-in sync generator that lets customers daisy chain and synchronize multiple decks together.
The Hyperdeck Studio Mini now gets a new free firmware update version 7.1. It adds multiple new features to HyperDeck Studio Mini broadcast recorders. The new updates include a new H.264 codec that supports true interlaced HD formats, a new AAC audio codec allowing uploading files direct to YouTube, much faster Ethernet transfers of 110 MB/s and support for longer duration in a single file of at least 3 hours.
HyperDeck Studio Mini V7.1 Features:
- Longer single file record times of at least 3 hours.
- New H.264 codec with interlaced video support.
- New AAC audio codec allows H.264 file uploads direct to YouTube.
- Dramatically faster Ethernet file transfers up to 110 MB/s.
- Supports QuickTime and MXF file wrappers.
Blackmagic Camera Update 6.9
New software update 6.9 for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4k and 6K models includes studio camera features. Now customers can connect to an ATEM Mini switcher and get control of the camera parameters, lens, and tally light. ATEM Mini can control up to 4 cameras via the HDMI video connection and ensure all cameras are matched for a professional live studio workflow.
Blackmagic Camera Update 6.9 features:
- Works as a studio camera when connected to ATEM Mini.
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- Wide 13 stops of dynamic range for the film looks.
- Up to 25600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Features high-quality Blackmagic RAW recording.
- Built-in 5″ touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 6K.
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- Supports remote tally, lens and color corrector with ATEM Mini.
Pricing and Availability
ATEM Mini Pro is available now for $595. Both HyperDeck Studio Mini v7.1 and Blackmagic Camera Update 6.9 are free updates and they are available now for download from the Blackmagic Design website.
What do you think of the new Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro and the new software updates? Are you doing live productions often? Let us know in the comments underneath the article.