Blackmagic has announced a free firmware update for the original URSA Mini Pro G1.
The initial Blackmagic Camera Setup update had a patch number of 6.9.3. However Blackmagic reported a problem with this firmware batch causing noise in the highlights.
Firmware update 6.9.4 has addressed this bug, and provides all of the same features listed below:
- Add language localization support.
- Add slider and 1/3rd stop increments when adjusting ISO.
- Add common off-speed frame rate options above slider.
- Add ability to embed custom LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips.
- Add sidetone level adjustment.
- Add improved ballistics and scaling of audio meters.
- Add choice of -18 or -20dB reference levels for audio meters.
- Add ability to remap the HFR button.
- Add ability to disable function and HFR buttons.
- Add ability to remap VTR and Ret buttons on B4 lenses.
- Add quick media switching from the heads up display.
- Add support for HDR metadata in SDI output.
- Add ‘LUT’ icon to status text overlays.
- Add ‘PRE’ icon to status text overlays for preset timecode.
- Add 2:1, 1:1 and 4:5 monitoring frame guides.
- Add customizable frame guides.
- Add ability to lock timecode to SDI Input.
- Retain jam synced timecode after power cycle.
- Improved jam sync timecode accuracy after playback.
- Improved stability when using external or program reference.
- Improved compatibility for embedded audio on SDI outputs.
- Improved accuracy of status text on SDI outputs.
- Improved ND filter status text.
- Improved auto exposure speed and performance.
- Improved media formatting user interface.
What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 1.7
- Added support for Panasonic EVA1 Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- Added support for Canon EOS C300 Mark II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Pro plugin general performance and stability improvements.
So to confirm – anybody who did update to the 6.9.3 must update to 6.9.4 to fix the noisy highlight bug, all other features of the updates remain the same.
Updates are valid for the original Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro G1 only; it’s always nice to see camera manufacturers keeping older camera bodies up to date.
Installation notes and further info can be found on the Blackmagic website.