FUJINON has just announced that the Premista 19-45mm T/2.9 wide-angle zoom lens will start shipping at the end of this month. This lens is the third model to join the Premista Series of cinema zoom lenses along with the Premista 28- 100mm T/2.9 and the Premista 80-250mm T/2.9-3.5. Let’s take a closer look at it!
The FUJINON Premista lineup of lenses consisted of two zoom lenses: the Premista 28-100mm T/2.9 and the 80-250mm T/2.9-3.5. The Premista lenses produce an image that is at least 46.3mm diagonal. In short, these lenses cover large-format cinema cameras like the ARRI ALEXA LF/ Mini LF, RED Ranger/Monstro, Panavision DXL2, and Sony VENICE. With the launch of the FUJINON Premista 19-45mm T/2.9, you can now go from 19mm to 250mm with only three lenses at a T/2.9 (T/3.5 at the long end) aperture.
FUJINON Premista 19-45mm T/2.9 – Specifications
If you missed it, we already wrote an in-depth article about the FUJINON Premista 19-45mm T/2.9 wide-angle zoom lens last year that you can read here. In a nutshell, here are the main characteristics of this lens:
- Focal length: 19mm to 45mm.
- It has a maximum aperture of T/2.9 across the entire range, with a 13-blade iris.
- The lens produces an image circle of 46.3mm that covers full-frame sensors and above.
- The 19-45mm T/2.9 zoom lens is 230mm/9″ long, for a weight of 3.3kg/7.3lb. It is slightly smaller and lighter than the 28-100mm T/2.9 and 80-250mm T/2.9-3.5 that are 255mm/10″ long for a weight of 3.5kg/8.3lb each.
- The 19-45mm has the same front diameter/focus-iris-zoom gear positions as the other Premista lenses. First ACs will love it.
- FUJINON recently announced that all Premista zoom lenses support the Zeiss eXtended Data Protocol.
The Premista zoom lenses are made for high-end cinema applications and are capable of producing close-to-perfect images. Indeed, they have minimal focus breathing, high MTF from corner to corner across all focal lengths with natural and neutral colors. They were used to shoot feature films such as Avatar, Churchill, Men in Black: International, Beauty and the Beast, etc.
Price and Availability
The FUJINON Premista 19-45mm T/2.9 will start shipping on January 28th.
At the moment, there’s no word on exact pricing. We will update this article as soon as we learn more about it. But, as you can tell from the high-end specifications of the Premista lenses, these lenses are almost rental-only pieces of glass. Price is now set to $49,900 at B&H and around €42,600 (Excluding VAT) at CVP.
Did you ever shot with FUJINON Premista lenses before? Do you often shoot with cinema zoom lenses? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below!