If you want to get your hands on a white monitor to go with your RED Komodo, SmallHD has just released a Focus Pro Limited Edition in a white colorway. This monitor will be available until supplies last, which shouldn’t be that long!
The RED Komodo is now available, and if you are one of the first Stormtrooper owners, this white SmallHD Focus Pro could aesthetically pair very well with your camera. Or, maybe you have a black Komodo and want to flex a bit?
SmallHD Focus Pro Limited Edition
Let’s be clear: this SmallHD Focus Pro limited edition is no different from the original Focus Pro announced last year.
In a nutshell, here are the main features of the SmallHD Focus Pro:
- 5″ touchscreen display.
- The LCD version has a 1280 x 720 resolution with a maximum brightness of 800 nits.
- The OLED version is 1920 x 1080 with a maximum brightness of 350 nits.
- Both monitors are made from milled aluminum and weigh only 9.6 oz/255 grams.
- The SmallHD Focus Pro monitors only have an SDI input port on the left side and a stereo mini-jack.
- There is a 5-pin output for Komodo Camera Control and a 2-pin locking connector for power input (7-16.8v power input).
- The monitor can also be powered by a Sony L-type battery at the back of the monitor.
- It comes with SmallHD OS4 with all the monitoring tools you need, including frame guides, Exposure Assist, high-resolution 3D LUT overlays, histogram, vectorscope, waveform, and Focus Assist.
Price and Availability
The SmallHD Focus Pro Limited Edition LCD is available now for $849, which is similar to the non-limited edition version. The OLED version is $999, which is $50 more expensive than the regular version.
For more information, please visit SmallHD’s website here.
What do you think about these white edition versions? Do you think white monitors are a good thing, or do you prefer the classic black style? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below!