FUJIFILM has just released a new firmware update for two of its most popular cameras, the X-T3 and X-T30. As promised earlier this year, with the release of those firmwares, both – the X-T3 and X-30 – benefit from enhanced performance and usability.
FUJIFILM is continuing its blessed tradition of delivering free firmware updates for its line of cameras and today it was the X-T3 and X-T30 who got the treatment.
First things first, let’s see what has been added to the X-T3:
According to FUJIFILM, The X-T3 just got a boost of 30% in autofocus performance and all in all, it looks as if this firmware is mostly about enhancing the autofocus capabilities of the camera.
Here is the list of enhancements taken from the official firmware Ver 3.00 note release, :
- Strengthened the accuracy of face / eye detection AF performance. The AF algorithm has been improved along with the accuracy of face / eye detection AF. The ability to detect faces in the distance has been enhanced by approximately 30% and AF tracking is now more stable, even when an obstacle appears in the way. The improvements in AF are applicable to both, still photos and video recording.
- New Face Select function. The Face Select function has been introduced to provide priority auto-focus, tracking and exposure on a selected subject when multiple faces have been detected. The priority face can be selected by using the touch screen or focus lever.
- Faster AF speed for subjects at a distance. A Double Tap Setting and Touch Function has been added to the touch screen settings*. The two settings must be set to OFF to provide a better touch screen response. These new settings allow for a more intuitive touch operation when shooting, AF and focus area select.
- Intuitive operation of touch screen. A Double Tap Setting and Touch Function has been added to the touch screen settings(*1). The two settings must be set to OFF to provide a better touch screen response. These new settings allow for a more intuitive touch operation when shooting, AF and focus area select.
*1：By default, Touch Screen Setting, Double Tap Setting and Touch Function are set to all OFF. Touch Screen Setting must be set to ON to use the touch screen function.
- Focus frame when EYE DETECTION SETTING. When using EYE DETECTION SETTING, only the focus frame on eye is displayed.
- Improvement of AF/AE area tracking when using EVF. When using the EVF, the tracking function for AF/AE area movement by touch screen is improved.
- Push function of the Focus stick when INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING. The push function is disabled when INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING.
- FLICKER REDUCTION function. The options are changed from ON/OFF to ALL FRAMES/FIRST FRAME/OFF. And when choosing FIRST FRAME, the speed of CH continuous shooting is improved.
- Message when IMAGE TRANSFER ORDER. If there is no image of TRANSFER ORDER when turning on a camera, no message appears.
- Fix of slight defects.
Here are the details of the X-T30 firmware Ver.1.01 update:
When it comes to the X-T30, our review of this little powerful camera is still in the making, but I’m happy to see that FUJIFILM was aware of the very annoying issue, where the “Q” button was much too sensitive and easy to activate by mistake, so now with this minor yet important update, its level of sensitivity has been reduced.
- Improved operability of the Q (quick menu) button. To avoid accidentally opening the Q (quick) menu, the button reaction time has been increased.
FUJIFILM X-T3 firmware can be downloaded by clicking here.
FUJIFILM X-T30 firmware can be downloaded by clicking here.
Are you using the FUJIFILM X-T3 or X-T30 for your daily work? Are you happy with their performance? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.