Insta360 today launches a tiny stabilized camera that offers various mounting possibilities. Insta360 GO weighs only 18.3 grams (0.65oz) and includes FlowState stabilization, wide FOV, magnetic weather-sealed body, and 100fps slow-motion mode. It comes with a range of accessories for various mounting possibilities.
Insta360 is a Chinese camera manufacturer known mostly for VR 360 cameras. They offer quite a wide variety of products from professional VR cameras, like Insta360 Titan, to consumer products, like the Insta360 ONE X. This time they are introducing the world’s smallest stabilized camera – Insta360 GO. What are the features of this tiny camera?
Insta360 GO – The World’s Smallest Stabilized Camera
Insta360 GO weighs only 18.3 grams (0.65oz). Thanks to its tiny dimensions it can fit anywhere and capture unique angles. It naturally does not have any kind of display, but thanks to the ultra-wide lens it should not be a problem to get the desired object in a shot.
Similar to some action cams, the Insta360 GO only has one button. Pressing it once records a clip (for up to 30 seconds), pressing a second time stops it. Even despite its tiny body, the camera includes Insta360’s FlowState stabilization known from the ONE X.
The sensor’s resolution is 3040 x 3040, but the GO app exports videos in 1080p resolution. Slow-motion is possible at 100fps with 1600 x 900 resolution. The camera can also capture photos, timelapse, and hyperlapse clips.
Insta360 GO is IPX4 water-resistant. That means it can withstand splashes, rain, and submersion in shallow water for up to 10 seconds. It has a magnetic body and comes with a range of accessories for various mounting possibilities. One of those accessories is Charge case, which is compact enough to fit in a pocket, allowing for easy charging on the fly. With the Charge case, Insta360 GO is ready for about 200 clips a day. The Charge case connects directly to a phone for fast footage transfer.
FlashCut Auto Editing with GO App
The camera offers so-called FlashCut auto-editing. FlashCut uses AI to find the best shots and combine them with music into a stylized edit. Insta360 GO can sort content based on a theme (e.g. food, cities, smiles) and quality of the shot composition.
The GO app also offers a full-featured editing tool that allows tweaking of everything from transitions to color palette and playback speed. The app also lets users easily combine footage from the GO and their smartphone.
Thanks to built-in FlowState stabilization, GO can automatically capture hyperlapses for up to 30 minutes at 6x speed. The GO app’s Barrel Roll feature lets users twist their shots.
Insta360 GO – Technical Specs
- Lens aperture: f/2.1
- Video duration: Standard, Interval shooting, Slow motion: 15 seconds or 30 seconds, Hyperlapse: record up to 30 minutes to produce up to a 5-minute video, Timelapse: adjustable interval, record up to 8 hours to produce up to a 9-second video
- Video Resolution: Standard 2720×[email protected] (captured) – [email protected] (exported via app), Interval Shooting 2720×[email protected] (captured) – [email protected] (exported via app), Timelapse 3040×[email protected] (captured) – [email protected] (exported via app), Hyperlapse 2720×[email protected] (captured) – [email protected] (exported via app), Slow motion 1600×[email protected] (captured) – 1600×[email protected] (exported via app)
- Photo Resolution: 3040×3040 (Captured), 1:1 exported at 2560 x 2560,, 16:9 exported at 2560×1440, 9:16 exported at 1440×2560, 4:3 exported at 2560×1920
- Video format: insv (captured) /mp4 (exported via app), photo format: insp (captured) /jpg (exported via app)
- Video bitrate: 40Mbps (captured), 30Mbps (exported via app)
- Water-resistance rating: IPX4
- Stabilization: FlowState (built-in 6-axis gyroscopic stabilization)
- Compatible devices – iOS: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus (TBC), iPad Pro, iPad (2018)
- Compatible devices – Android (available on launch): Minimum configuration requirements: OTG support, Qualcomm 835/Kirin 970/Exynos 8895 or above, Android 7.1.1 or above (64-bit operating system), 3GB RAM or above
- Connectivity: Bluetooth BLE4.0, USB for Android device/PC/Mac, Lightning for iPhone/iPad
- Onboard storage: 8 GB
- Battery – Insta360 GO: charges in the Charge case, charging time – approximately 20 minutes, run time – roughly 200 clips (averaging ~20 seconds per clip)
- Battery – Charge case: charging time – approximately 1 hour, fully charged Charge case can provide about 2.5 charges for the camera
- Use temperature: 0℃~50℃; Storage temperature: -10℃~45℃
- Color: White
- Weight: 18.3g
- Size: 49.4 x 21.4 x 14.85 mm
- What’s in the box: Insta360 GO, Charger case, Easy clip, Magnet pendant, Pivot stand, Sticky base, Angle wedge, Micro-USB to USB charging cable, Micro-USB to USB Type-C cable for Android
Price and Availability
Insta360 GO is available now. It comes standard with a range of accessories for easy charging and mounting, including the Charge case, Magnet pendant, Pivot stand, Easy clip, and Sticky base. The whole set with the camera is priced at US $199.99. Furthermore, any Insta360 GO camera purchased via Insta360.com can be laser-engraved to give it a personal touch.
What do you think of the Insta360 GO? Would you like to use a tiny camera like that? Let us know in the comments underneath the article.