In only 3 years since the full relaunch of cinema5D as a real-world camera review, filmmaking advice and news site, we have managed to become one of the most successful camera gear websites in the world.
Our main focus on original, self-generated content – generated by the entire team which consists only of professional shooters who are working in the industry day in and day out. Unbiased and with different styles, the audience sees different takes and perspectives on new gear and shooting techniques. People appreciate personal opinions from professionals, even if they are different – which makes our content even more relevant.
Learn more about the team on our “About” page.
What matters to become a cinema5D writer:
- proficiency in filmmaking – you know your stuff in one or more areas of filmmaking (producing, editing, directing, cinematography, post-production …)
- you follow industry news closely
- you have fluent writing skills in English (native speakers preferred)
- you can write well and you are actually enjoying it
- you consider yourself a filmmaker – maybe you are a creative young person starting out, or a professional in the industry who has worked for many years already, aiming to get more involved in the blogger scene – becoming a writer for cinema5D sounds like the right thing to do for you
- you have time to write 10+ articles per month
- you know our site and follow it regularly
- you actively come up with your own ideas
- you have the time to write regularly – people with full-time jobs should check if they can find the time to write regularly
What to expect:
- payment is based on the amount of articles written and on success and reach (not a full time employment, it’s supplemental income but has the potential to become a considerable sum!)
- introduction to our wide network of industry connections, particularly if we meet in person during trade shows and get in touch with manufacturers and fellow filmmakers and bloggers
- you’re getting your name out there to thousands of eyeballs, and we can link to your personal site from your name in the news posts
- tell us who you are, what you do, what you enjoy writing about most – and why you think this is something for you
- write one representative news post about a current subject of your own choosing that you would consider a “perfect fit” for our site (and which we haven’t written about yet). It can be either a classic news post of something current (example here), a review (like here) or a longer educational post (like here). Choosing the right subject and headline is almost as important as the proper content to go with it :-)
- email hiring[at]cinema5D.com to apply
If you are only interested in writing guest posts or irregular posts, please also get in touch, but please make that clear – irregular posts are however unpaid, but you will have your name and link to your website on them.
We hope you see the opportunities and chances of growth this presents if you feel like we’re looking FOR YOU.
Get in touch via hiring[at]cinema5D.com. And don’t hesitate to ask any questions too!